Off-Site Catering at Your Location
Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc. has been catering off-site events in the Washington Metropolitan Area since 1953. In fact, our business started as an off-site catering operation. Whether you’re planning a private party for 50 people in your back yard or a reception on the National Mall for 5000 convention guests, you will not find a more experienced or better equipped full service barbeque caterer.
We offer a wide variety of menu packages for daytime or evening events, and many menu and service options as well. Our special event coordinators are there every step of the way to help you with most any aspect of your event.
Our pricing structure is based on the menu package that you choose, plus any menu and service options that you may wish to have. A basic deposit of $5.00 per person, based on your initial estimate, ($750.00 minimum) is required to secure our services for your event. An additional deposit may be required depending on the nature and size of the event.
This page has been put together to answer some of the basic questions pertaining to our off-site catering services. A comprehensive booklet is available by request and will be sent out with any request for deposit.
Choosing an Event Site
Finding a suitable location for a special event can often be a real challenge. We can help you in your site selection.
If you are already looking at some sites, here are some helpful questions for you to ask:
- Is there adequate shelter and seating?
- Will you need tenting and additional seating?
- Does the area have a potable water supply?
- Does the area have electricity?
- Are the restroom facilities adequate?
- Are trash receptacles and trash removal services available?
- Is there adequate parking available?
- Are games and athletic facilities available for your private use?
- Is the area easily accessible by truck?
- Is there an appropriate preparation area outside for Smokey Glen Farm to set up?
- Can the site be privately reserved and is the site closed to outsiders?
- What are the various fees for the use of the facilities?
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed and is a special permit required?